Jesus is my Lord and Savior ... not my religion.

• Comment link is at the end of each post •

Update on Jerry, Aero things, and I found a rock

May 4, 2025

First, the update on Jerry

Last Wednesday, I borrowed my son's Suburban, went up to the nursing facility where we have/had/want Jerry, gathered all his belongings and brought them home. What a pain having to do this for the third time. (Remember, the one we really want him in cannot accomodate more than once-a-day infusion.) I spent an hour on the phone with Jerry that evening going over what he absolutely must have for his comfort to send with him to the other nursing home, leaving the rest here. We're trying to lighten the load. On Friday, Jerry was transferred from the hospital here down to the other nursing home for the duration of his infusion. He's further away, so it could be two, three, or more weeks before I get to see him, mostly because of our car problems.

The Infectious Disease doctor has the infusion set up for every 6 hours ...this means twice the amount of antibiotic than the previous two times in February. It's scheduled for at least 14 days, but doctor might extend it past that. The UTI infection is way up in his left kidney, just as it was two months ago. Jerry has lived with urolithiasis (chonic kidney stones) for many years. No, the medication that works on some kidney stones does not apply to him.

We discussed with the ID doctor the possibility that the clumps of stones are keeping that infection in the kidney. Medicare and Medicaid limit the size that can be surgically removed, but gee-whiz, now we're concerned about the effects on his life, people! We've scheduled him with a different urologist, but that appointment isn't until June 2. This is a new doctor to the clinic, great credentials, maybe he has new ideas to help. We could definitely use prayers about this, and for Jerry's comfort and healing.

Also ... thank you for all your kind words on my last post. I'm sorry I didn't get to replying to your comments. It was such an axhaustingly awful week. Please know your comments mean the world to me!



Goal!

Aero has been doing so great in soccer. His concentration and movements are so much better this year. He's made several goals, which of course, makes him love the game even more. He and his friend Remy are both a whole head taller than their team mates. Maybe being giants helps them see better?  😂  I took this photo of Aero and his little friend when we first got to the field a couple Saturdays ago. You can see his height over the lil guy.


This is not to say that the lil ones aren't as good. Not at all. There is a tiny girl on their team who is such a go-getter that she kept right on going after she got knocked smack in the face one time by the soccer ball! All the teams are so good this year and all have wonderful coaches. There are three more games for this season.



See you at the races!

Two weekends ago John took Aero to the races at the track on the state fairgrounds here in town. They had modifieds and sprints. This is the view from the stands as they were walking to their seats ... cars were already warming up for the first race.


Aero was having his favorite goody - cotton candy, of course! John makes Aero wear the headphones to protect his hearing. Those cars get really loud, you know, and the sounds echo around in the grandstand.


And of course, the obligatory photo of my son John and grandson Aero.


Aero wants to race the sprints someday. If he does, he'll be following in the footsteps of his gramma (me) and his grampa George (my ex). Yes, I raced cars. No, they were not the powder-puffs. It was a lonnnnng time ago.



Off we go, into the wild blue yonder!

John also took Aero to the fly-in airshow at our local airport yesterday, which is a very tiny airfield on the east side to town. The pilot of the plane in the photos said it's a mock-up of the F-14 Tomcat that was used in the movie "Top Gun." Aero was tickled to pieces to be able to dress up as an LSO (Landing Signal Officer) and to also sit in the pilot's seat.



Aero looks so impossibly small in the pilot's seat of the plane. He said it was very cool.  😎


What little boy doesn't dream of race cars and airplanes, right?



I found a rock 

Last week, when Jerry first went into the hospital, I had stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get a handful of things I needed. I was extremely tired from everything I'd had to handle that day at the hospital. Having to go to the store at the end of the already exhausting day was just so bleah, because ... people. People are rude and insufferable nowadays.

I picked up the few items I needed, paid for them, and walked out with the grocery cart. I always park in the farthest lane from the store right next to the cart corral. Putting the sacks in the car, I turned the cart to push it into the corral ...

... and saw the rock on the ground tucked into the corner of the metal corral.

I picked it up. It was not small - it actually almost fills the palm of my hand. Like a ray of sunshine from God, it made me smile to know someone had painted it and left it to make someone's day. I was blessed to be the one.


I've painted rocks many times and left them to be found. I guess it's true that what goes around, come around.

It was my turn to find a painted rock.

If you see a painted rock, pick it up. It's yours to keep.

You never know ... it might be one I made just for you to find at that moment in time.  😉

May you all be blessed in some way today.

Always,

Diana 🌻

6 comments:

  1. OH, that painted rock is such a sweet blessing! I do believe God knew you needed that, and He directed it to be put right where you would find it! A special "God-wink". My thoughts and prayers are with you as you navigate these difficult and turbulent waters regarding your husband and his health situation. May God work things out for you both for what is best. How nice you get to enjoy Aero and his games, and that your son John takes him to so many fun places! I can well imagine he enjoyed every minute! I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that Jerry has been moved further away again. I hope they can get that UTI under control and he doesn't get sepsis. Praying for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Continued prayers for Jerry and you. Love the rock you found.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diana, hugs! I'm sorry you're going through all this rigamorole with finding the best place for Jerry. I hope your vehicle issues are cleared up soon, I am praying for you. Aero is as cute as can be, and yay that he loves soccer AND is good at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always hurry up and wait with doctors. I hope he is feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How sweet that you found the rock. What a nice "sign"!:) I do hope the new doctor can find a solution and help for Jerry. Praying that you have all the strength you need to handle your full plate.

    ReplyDelete