This will be shorter than usual as it's evening here and I'm worn out from the day.
I turned 69 on January 22. It's just a number. But right now I still feel slow since my surgery. Each day gets a little better. As both doctors said, it takes time to rebuild strength after the type of surgery I had (plus it was four hours instead of three). I'll get there. I have my 6-week post-op appointment next Tuesday.
It snowed here from the 23rd-25th. Our forecast put us in the 12"+ category, but thankfully it was only 6.50". That winter storm sure gobsmacked a lot of the country. We didn't have the ice this time (for once) like other states did. We're still in the deep freeze though. Temps have been hovering anywhere from 0°-10° with sub-zero wind chills, so the snow isn't melting very fast. This is exactly why I planned my surgery this time of year because I don't like winter and I rarely need to get out to do anything. My son has really stepped up during this time and made sure my needs are met.
Amazingly, my car has started during this unbelieveable cold. I guess that's one good thing about my old, worn out vehicle... it still starts even on the coldest days (even if it falls apart in other places, haha). Thank you, Lord!
Jerry had an appointment this past Thursday with a brand new pain medication doctor. He's been without pain coverage since early 2021 when our doctor at that time retired. Life has been miserable for him. The place we go for our regular appointments doesn't do pain meds, so we've been stuck between a rock and that proverbial hard place. This new doctor got him back on his previous pain medication and it's like night and day! When he called me from the nursing home last night he sounded sooooo good! He says his pain is down to a 4 (he usually lives with a 10), so this is amazing! Again.. thank you, Lord!
I'm counting down the days until Spring! As I write this, there are 48 days until then! Woot! I need sunshine so bad! And warmth! And things that grow in the garden!
We're supposed to have upper 40s into the upper 50s next week, so I'm really looking forward to that! I will absorb as much of those temps as I can before the next round of winter comes in, which will surely happen.
Talk atcha later! Blessings to you and yours!
Always,
Diana 🌻
Diana 🌻
There you are!!! I saw your comment on my post and was like "WOW!" smiles. Stay warm my friend...and keeping you in prayer.
ReplyDeleteI think we are all anxious for Spring this year. This is the coldest winter I've seen while living in Florida (36 years!). What happened to our sunshine?!! Have a blessed weekend and stay warm as you continue to rest and heal!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great post. I'm so glad to hear about Jerry's pain relief. Constant pain is so debilitating and exhausting. I'm glad you've been able to stay inside and heal from your surgery too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a relief to have your car worries sorted, at least for the time being. God is so good.
I have been out of the house only twice in over 2 1/2 weeks and one of those times was to urgent care. I'm still struggling with bronchitis and a ridiculous cough that doesn't seem any better at all. I have colon surgery scheduled on Feb. 10 to remove the mass they found at my colonoscopy a few weeks ago. That's probably where I caught my cold that turned into bronchitis. I really don't want to reschedule surgery because it will mess with plans we have so I'm praying to be better by then.
Take care my friend and stay inside and warm.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy
I got a comment on Chatty Crone today and I would love your address so I can write you back and ask questions.
ReplyDeleteMy email is skcz@comcast.net Sandie
Glad you didn't get 12 inches of snow. I am in GA, and it is cold!
I am glad you are getting better too.
Sandie
Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteSending hugs and prayers. I am hoping you are feeling well.
xx oo
Carla
In spite of the cozy-at-home thoughts that initially come with snow, after a short time, warmth, sunshine, MELTING when it's become dirty with the sand trucks, and seeing maybe some tulips or crocus popping up is most welcome. I remember all of that very well from my years of living in colder climates.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are making progress after your surgery, although I know that's never as speedy as one hopes. And I'm also glad your hubby is getting a reduction in his pain. May you both continue to feel so much better with each passing day!